Elder Law Legal Matters
Elder law covers numerous legal matters pertaining to seniors in need of long term care. Our team of experienced elder law attorneys in Delaware are ready to assist you with any type of elder law matter you need.
Examples of elder law issues and planning can include:
- Medicaid Planning to create and implement a plan to protect assets while qualifying for long term care Medicaid in order to secure financial assistance for needed care.
- VA Planning for service eligible Veterans or their surviving spouses to create and implement a plan to secure an additional stream of income to offset the cost of long term care.
- Estate planning to ensure a thorough plan for incapacity and reduce the time, cost, and stress of probate that continues to serve the client through a new stage of life.
- Adult guardianships to appoint legal decision-makers when incapacity planning was not completed or is inadequate to meet the needs of the client. When a person does not have a current and thorough power of attorney and/or health care directive, the court will appoint an appropriate decision-maker. The guardianship process requires court approval and ongoing court supervision for the remainder of the lifetime of the person who is incapacitated.
- Medicaid Planning: Proactive Strategies for Protecting Assets from Long Term Care Costs
- Plan- Don’t Wait for an Emergency